Receptionist Position Available at St. Theresa
We, at St. Theresa Church, are looking for an individual to become our new receptionist. The receptionist welcomes all who come into or telephones the parish office and provides administrative and related office services to pastor and staff.
1. Be a person who is driven by the Catholic faith and willing to fulfill the vision and mission of this Parish.
2. Enjoys working with people. Pleasant and welcoming.
3. An ability to work as a team with parish staff members, ministry leaders, and volunteers.
4. Understands the importance of confidentiality of church records and conversations.
5. Great verbal and written communication skills.
1. Have good computer and typing skills.
2. Have a minimum of a high school diploma. Associate's degree preferred.
3. Excellent organizational and filing skills.
4. Attention to detail and accurate data entry skills.
The parish secretary is accountable to the Pastor.
This list of responsibilities is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Provides receptionist services for the parish office
2. Welcome and directs visitors
3. Answer telephone and direct calls appropriately
4. Picks up and distributes mail
5. Respond to parish emails in a timely fashion
6. Maintains parishioner data
7. Maintains parish records of marriages, baptisms, deaths
8. Participate in parish staff meetings
9. Operate office machines and monitor their maintenance schedules
10. Send required/requested sacramental notifications or certificates
11. Maintain a current list of volunteers to contact for different tasks
12. Maintain Mass intention book
13. Record Mass intentions
14. Organize and maintain a filing system for all important parish documentation
Please send all resumes to Fr. Gary Kosmowski at firstname.lastname@example.org